104.210. 1. The general administration of, and responsibility for, the proper operation of the system are hereby vested in a board of trustees.
2. Subject to the limitations of law, the board shall formulate and adopt rules and regulations for the government of its own proceedings and for the administration of the system, and its decisions as to all question of fact shall be final and conclusive on all persons except for the right of review as provided by law and except for fraud or such gross mistake of fact as to have an effect equivalent to fraud.
3. The accounts and records of the state highways and transportation commission, the state highway patrol, the state auditor, and the state treasurer shall be open to inspection to the board of trustees and its employees, for the purpose of obtaining information necessary in the performance of the duties of such board under sections 104.010 to 104.270 and sections 104.600 to 104.800.
4. The board shall have the power to subpoena witnesses or obtain the production of records when necessary for the performance of its duties.
5. Subject to the provisions of the constitution and sections 104.010 to 104.270 and sections 104.600 to 104.800, the board of trustees shall have exclusive jurisdiction and control over the funds and property of the system and may employ and fix the compensation of necessary employees.
6. No trustee or employee of the system shall receive any gain or profit from any funds or transaction of the system, except benefits from interest in investments common to all members if entitled thereto.
7. Any trustee or employee accepting any gratuity or compensation for the purpose of influencing his action with respect to the investment and the funds of the system shall thereby forfeit his office and in addition thereto be subject to the penalties prescribed for bribery.
(L. 1955 p. 718 § 7, A.L. 1983 H.B. 713 Revision, A.L. 1988 H.B. 1643 & 1399)
Missouri General Assembly