320.126. 1. Any person, entity, partnership, corporation, or association transporting display or proximate fireworks or display and proximate fireworks into the state of Missouri for the purpose of resale or to conduct a display shall be permitted by the state fire marshal as a distributor or manufacturer and have obtained applicable federal license or permit.
2. Sale of display or proximate fireworks shall be limited to a holder of a federal license or permit and a distributor or manufacturer permit issued by the state fire marshal.
3. Possession of display or proximate fireworks for resale to holders of a permit for display or proximate fireworks shall be confined to holders of a state manufacturer or distributor permit and applicable federal license or permit.
4. Permits for display or proximate fireworks may be granted to municipalities, fair associations, amusement parks, organizations, persons, firms or corporations. Such permits may be granted upon application and approval by the state fire marshal or local fire service authorities of the community where the display is proposed to be held. All applications submitted for display or proximate fireworks permits must be submitted to the office of the state fire marshal a minimum of ten working days prior to the date of the event. The application shall be made on a form provided or approved by the state fire marshal. Every such display shall be supervised, managed, or directed by a Missouri licensed operator, or pyrotechnic operator on site pursuant to subdivisions* (11) and (18) of section 320.106 and shall be located, discharged, or fired so as in the opinion of the permitting authority, after proper inspection based on the most current edition of the National Fire Protection Association standards, NFPA 1123, 1124, and 1126, to not be hazardous to any person or property. After a permit has been granted, the sale, possession, use and distribution of fireworks for such display shall be lawful for that purpose only. A copy of all permits issued for display or proximate fireworks shall be forwarded by the permit holder to the state fire marshal's office. No permit granted hereunder shall be transferable and shall apply to only one location. No holder of a manufacturer or distributor permit shall sell, barter, or transfer display or proximate fireworks to anyone not possessing an applicable permit or license.
5. Possession of display or proximate fireworks shall be limited to a holder of a display or proximate fireworks permit issued by the authority having jurisdiction where the display or proximate fireworks is proposed to be held or the state fire marshal or holder of a state manufacturer or distributor permit and applicable federal license or permit.
6. Before issuing any permit for a display or proximate fireworks, the municipality, fair association, amusement park, organization, firm, persons, or corporation making application therefor shall furnish proof of financial responsibility in an amount established by promulgated rule to the permitting authority in order to satisfy claims for damages to property or personal injuries arising out of any act or omission on the part of such person, firm or corporation or any agent or employee thereof.
7. Any establishment where proximate fireworks are to be discharged shall be inspected by the state fire marshal or local fire department having jurisdiction for compliance with NFPA 101 Life Safety Code or equivalent nationally recognized code in relation to means of egress, occupancy load, and automatic sprinkler and fire alarm systems. All permits issued will be forwarded to the state fire marshal by the permit holder. Permits will be issued in the same manner as those required in this section.
(L. 1985 S.B. 76 § 5, A.L. 1987 H.B. 416, A.L. 1999 H.B. 343, A.L. 2004 S.B. 1196)
*Word "subsections" appears in original rolls.
Missouri General Assembly