632.507. 1. The attorney general shall in a timely manner inform victims of a sexually violent offense committed by a person:
(1) That a written notice has been given by the agency with jurisdiction to the attorney general and the multidisciplinary team pursuant to subsection 1 of section 632.483;
(2) Of the decision of the prosecutor's review committee in determining whether or not the person may be a sexually violent predator;
(3) That a petition has been filed with the circuit court pursuant to section 632.484 or 632.486;
(4) Of the outcome of a trial held pursuant to the provisions of section 632.492;
(5) Of the filing of any petition or pending proceedings held pursuant to the provisions of sections 632.498 to 632.505;
(6) Of the escape of any person committed under sections 632.480 to 632.513.
2. Such victims shall have the right to be present at any proceeding held pursuant to the provisions of sections 632.480 to 632.513. Failure to notify shall not be a reason for postponement of release. Nothing in this section shall create a cause of action against the state or an employee of the state acting within the scope of the employee's employment as a result of the failure to notify pursuant to this section.
(L. 1998 H.B. 1405, et al. § 10, A.L. 1999 H.B. 852, A.L. 2006 H.B. 1698, et al.)
Missouri General Assembly